Thursday, March 13, 2008

Signs of Spring

March in Michigan is exciting and frustrating at the same time. Days go back and forth between winter and spring with no warning. Yesterday I decided to take some pics of tangible signs of spring to help convince me that it really is coming.

Here are some mystery flowers growing by my front walk. Since this is our first spring in this house, I have no idea what we have. Any guesses?



Then in my backyard I found this little guy! I don't know how he'll survive. Maybe he'll be dinner for the robins I've seen but couldn't get a picture of.


And then my final and most pungent sign of spring: the truck fulls of manure that were delivered to the field behind our house!! Now if that doesn't say spring is on it's way, nothing does! ha!

I'm going to love living in the country!!


6 comments:

Lisa Y. said...

Those are probably crocuses, possibly hyacinth. The only plants brave enough to show themselves this early. Well, maybe an ornamental grass...ok I'm not as much help as I thought I'd be! It's going to be so much fun to see what emerges in your new yard. You'll share the good stuff, right?

Carin said...

LOVE your new look! more than that, I just love that you have a BLOG and that I can peek into your life.

I love you!

We need to do another girl lunch/dinner soon.

Did I say I love you?

Kelle said...

Oh, I miss those fuzzy caterpillars! Actually, I don't. I hate caterpillars. I don't know why I even said I miss them. I can't WAIT to see your house, and I LOVE your blog template!!!

Ms.Lo said...

I think they're crocuses too. You'll have to let us know.

Kulio said...

hahaha...football dude, you know about FLOWERS? love that. :-)

Your blog is awesome!!! Keep writing about everyday life - that's what it's all about!!!

yeah I'm so happy!!!

Diane said...

oh my word - manure in the backyard??? I thought I lived in the country!