Friday, March 28, 2008

My Nooks

This post is for Carin. :-)



I couldn't choose just one favorite nook, so I thought I'd show you a few. This first one is grandma's chair (my favorite chair) in the corner of my front room. I love to sit in the sun with my cup of tea and just gaze out at the yard and field in back. It's my corner of serenity.





This next one is my bed. Brent and I call our room "the sanctuary." This is where I go when I need to get away from the noise and chaos of life with kids. (Notice Ed in the window. He was there the whole time I made the bed and took the picture.)



Then there's my reading/computer chair. We originally bought this chair for Brent, but it didn't take long to become mine. ha! This is where I connect with you guys!


This last one may seem strange to most of you, but like I said at the beginning, this post is for Carin. Since having you and your family stay with us, my laundry room has become a sentimental nook. This is where we ended up before finally going to bed late at night. This is where we shared our hearts. Now every time I am in here I picture you sitting on top of the washer, all curled up in Chloe's robe, talking with me. Just because.



So these are my nooks. Little places that make life a little sweeter.

3 comments:

Kelle said...

Awwww...wish I was on that washer with you guys that night. Love Grandma's chair too. Miss yo!

Carin said...

oh, I love this! the last one made me smile, made my day.

I wanted to write something about that...me sitting on the washer, you ironing...but nothing seemed to do it justice! I feel so much better knowing that it is "recorded" now :o), so thank you.

I love your little cozy spaces. so glad I got to see them in person.

Kulio said...

Love this! The whole thing made me sentimental except that I burst out laughing when I saw Ed in the window - I just love that :-)