Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ed

Ed is our cardinal. He has been a resident of our address longer than we have. When we first moved in, I kept hearing this sound that I could not figure out. First it was in the dining room, then later in the master bedroom, then again in the sunroom. I finally realized it was a bird repeatedly banging into the windows. Over and over. Flying from one window to the next. When my husband saw this he joked that this cardinal must be special ed. My youngest picked up on this immediately and named him Ed. So now we have a "pet" cardinal named Ed. I've tried to get pictures of this strange behavior, but I'm not exactly a trained photographer. Here are a few from the window in our bedroom.


And he is not easily scared away. I can walk in and out of the room, and he just watches me. These next two are the best I could get of the banging.




I've become strangely attached to Ed. We bought him one of those bird feeders with the suction cups and stuck it to the dining room window. He will often come and eat with us. I'll have to try and get a picture of that, too. Oh, and we named his "wife" Edna. ha!



3 comments:

Lisa Y. said...

Maybe he wants to come in. Open a window and see if he does. You could have a little perch right inside a window and teach him to sing for you.(kidding) Special Ed and Edna. Love it!

mrc-w said...

Hahahaha "Special Ed," what a funny name :) Nice action-shot pictures too!

Carin said...

I forgot about the eggs, too! we found the dye kit yesterday, so we just decided to do it anyway!

thanks again for EVERYTHING...

i SO love you.