Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quiet Morning


I'm up early on a Saturday morning, which means I'm up alone. It's dark and quiet, except for the rain. I love the sound of rain. And remember several posts ago I took this picture of the elk farm near my house? Well, ever since we've moved here, several of our neighbors have told us about the elk bugle. It's a mating sound they make in the fall. I've been waiting months for this experience, and this morning it happened. I couldn't place it at first. It is a strange sound that can't really be described. But I remember the girl next door telling me they sound kind of like whales. And that is what I heard. Amazing.
Loving life in the country.

4 comments:

Lisa Y. said...

Yay! A new post!! I'd love to hear that bugle sound, how cool.

Heidi Lee said...

And I thought seeing deer on a daily basis was cool. You win with the ELK!!!

Kulio said...

mmmm...thanks for reminding me....that is cool.

Hey, where are the Esperanza pics???

Thanks for POSTING!!!

runner95 said...

FINALLY YOU POSTED!! YAY! I can't wait to hear the elk for my self, I just can't help myself from sleeping in on a Saturdy!