Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Creativity

Our new house is technically not ours. We are leasing it until our old house finally sells. Because of this I have not been able to paint the white walls or remove any of the "oh-so-not-me" wallpaper. I don't know why, but not being able to do this for some reason kept me from doing anything creative. It's been almost a year, and I've been feeling the "need" creeping it's way to the surface.

So I've had this idea brewing in my mind for several weeks. It has occupied my thoughts all day and awakened me at night. What I didn't realize was how following through with this idea would change me. Make me happy. Almost like a weight had been taken off my shoulders. Renewed. Fresh.



Painting whimsical/funky mugs and "what-nots" and posting them on Etsy. (If you don't know Etsy, it's a website very similar to Ebay, but it is only for handmade items.) It is so fun!! I know I won't become financially independent this way, but that's not why I'm doing it. I'm just letting the "need" free. I'm a better person because of it.

Here's the logo that my amazingly talented Yaya, Diane, created:


She also made the banner for the shop. I only have a few things listed right now. More coming soon. http://www.cuppajo.etsy.com/


7 comments:

Kulio said...

I am SO GLAD that you did this!

You rock.

Diane said...

Yay! So glad you have a creative outlet now. It makes all the difference, doesn't it?

I've been re-doing my blog today. Its amazing how easy it is! fun.

Heidi Lee said...

This is SO cool that your doing this! I'm excited for you!

mrc-w said...

Jo, you're such a good artist! I never knew! So cool :)

Kulio said...

One more from me - the blog looks SO AWESOME!!! I love love love it.

Also, I can't read Carin's blog anymore - can you? It keeps showing up that she updated, and then I click on it and it's back to the last "I Voted" post. This is a weird place to ask you, but, oh well...

Carin said...

well look who's grabbing life by the horns!

you go, baby.

kulio's right.

you rock.

Kelle said...

how did i not leave a comment on here? love the new look of the blog. love the mugs. love cuppajo. love jo.