Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cross One Off My Bucket List!!


I finally did it. Something I've wanted to do for several years. Last Saturday I ran my first 10k. Be warned, the following pictures are scary! But I did it and I felt great when I finished. I downloaded the pics backwards. The first one is right after I crossed the finish line, and the second is coming in to the finish. I found a training schedule online and have been diligently following it for the last eight weeks. And now I'm hooked. I can honestly say I enjoy running. And even more, I love how it makes me feel. Can't wait to do another!



Maybe a half marathon next year? Hmmmm..............

Oh, and that trophy? I bet you are all really impressed that I got 3rd place in my age group, aren't' you?!! I hate to disappoint, but there were only three runners!! haha!! But hey, I'll take the trophy anyway!

4 comments:

mrc-w said...

Congratulations on the race! And the trophy is awesome! Don't even tell people that there were only 3 runners, haha :)

Kelle said...

JOANN!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm not used to you posting frequently...but SOOOO wish you would more often!!! I LOVE YOU...and am so proud of you!!! YOU ROCK!!! I wanna do one with you...I'll find one down here, and we'll run it together...a vaca and a run all in one!! I LOVE YOU!!! Did I tell you that?!!! And you look MOST BEAUTIFUL after a run...seriously! Because you are an empowered woman!! HEAR YOU ROAR!!! RAAAAR!!!

Lisa Y. said...

I got all teary-eyed looking at how happy your are in that picture! I am so incredibly proud of you for sticking with the training and running the race. Maybe, when I grow up, I can be a little more determined too!

Kulio said...

Joann you are a total inspiration!!!

Look at you!!!!

Would you ever have thought you would have done this??
In a million years???

I could never do that. And you did it all by yourself.

I am so so so so proud!!!!