Monday, October 4, 2010

It's a love/hate thing

Reality and I have a love/hate relationship. We always have, and I suppose we always will. I love Reality for the most part. But there are days when I really don't. There are days when he is nasty. He loves to taunt me. Sometimes he looks me square in the eye and punches me in the gut. That's what he did this weekend. Reality knocked the wind out of me.

Here's what I mean. My girls. They are growing up. They are becoming beautiful, strong, intelligent women. And that is all good, and exactly what I want for them. Sometimes it's just hard to believe. In my mind they will always be my babies.

This weekend was Homecoming in Houghton Lake.

Here's Chloe and her friends in the parade:



Tessa was voted the sophomore representative for the homecoming court.





Brent and I had the honor of walking her on the field at halftime.


Grandpa & Grandma even came.


This is Tessa with her good friend Ricky, who was also the sophomore representative.





The next night was the homecoming dance. Reality hit me hard again.
(Chloe with her bestfriends Alexa and Leah)







Tessa with her date Brendan, one of her good friends from downstate.




I don't know if I will ever get over the feeling of "how and when did this happen?" when I look at my girls. But that's okay. I know Reality is right there, just waiting to remind me.

5 comments:

Kelle said...

WOOOO HOOOO! Look who's bloggin'. I can't imagine looking at my girls all grown up like that and thinking it all just flew by. xoxo

mrc-w said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your girls and you too! :) Was Tessa cold at the game?!

Joann said...

Thanks, Molly! And no, surprisingly, it wasn't super cold that night. And the rain held off until just after the game was over. whew!

Heidi said...

xoxo. beautiful girls, miss you. xoxoxoxox
happy fall...wish i was there!

Heidi Lee said...

It DOES fly. I am realizing that too. Darby is almost 5 and I can't seem to let her grow. It's hard.

But it's cool at the same time, because we grow with our kids and go through the different stages with them and it's all good.

Great pictures...they are gorgeous!